BAE Senior Design Projects
bae and Agricultural Engineering students nearing completion of their undergraduate work participate in a design course spanning two semesters. The outcome of this course is a finished design that is presented in a professional manner to their corporate sponsor.
COURSE OBJECTIVES (BAE 4012 AND BAE 4023):
- Creatively apply a systematic design process to a real-world problem
- Develop, evaluate and synthesize alternate design solutions
- Work productively as a member of an engineering design team
- Interface effectively with clients and professionals in industry/government/education
- Convey comprehensive information via both written and oral communication
- Develop an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning
- Gain a knowledge of contemporary issues with respect to engineering design and project management
Hole Mole: Design of a High Pressure System to Aid Horizontal Directional Drill Bit Steering – The Charles machine Works, Inc.
Blue Diamond Machinery: Skid-Steer Rock Saw Drive Train Modification – CONEQTEC Universal Inc.
Nexus Controls: 3-Point Hitch Controller – Case-New Holland
GRO Engineering: Vision Inspection System – Lopez Foods Inc.
Clam Lake Engineering: Redesign of a Tree Shear – Vassar Equipment Co.
MSW Association Site Planning
Custom Agricultural Solutions – Manual Cattle Chute
Palm Tree Processing – Griffin Foods
Thermal Solutions – Lopez Foods
RAW Engineering – Large Wood Debris Structures
Vortex Engineering – Grade Stabilization Structures